Tiffin University Outcomes Assessment Committee
In fall of 2015 the full faculty voted by majority to create a standing committee called the Outcomes Assessment Committee. This committee is chaired by the Faculty Coordinator for Assessment and is comprised of representatives from each academic school (School of Arts & Sciences, School of Business, and School of Criminal Justice & Social Sciences). The AVPAA and the Director of Special Academic Projects will sit as ex-officio members.
The Tiffin University OA Committee is charged with developing a campus "Culture of Evidence" in which data and assessment play a key role in academic decision making. The membership of the OA Committee contains representatives from four units (Academic Affairs, The School of Criminal Justice, The School of Business, and the School of Arts and Sciences) of the University. The group meets on a regular basis to explore ways to systematically evaluate assessment processes and streamline data collection for program learning outcomes and general education. It further works to support accreditation efforts and to ensure that assessment practices are centrally coordinated, but highly flexible to meet the interests of the academic programs, departments, and colleges. Additional responsibilities include developing an assessment calendar, maintaining meeting minutes and organizing sub-committees, as appropriate.
- Dr. Kelly Jackson Charles, Chairperson, Faculty Coordinator of Assessment
- Dr. Virginia Arp, Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Dr. Jeffry Stockner, Department Chair, Criminal Justice and Security Studies
- Professor Sami Mejri, Program Coordinator, Bachelor of Arts in Professional Studies
- Dr. Maria De Oliveria, Assistant Professor of Biology
- Professor Laura Ketter, Associate Professor of Computer Information Technology and Management
- Professor Teresa Miller, Program Coordinator, Bachelor of Business Administration
Dr. Erin Dean, Associate Professor of Counseling and Psychology