Participation in a Study Abroad Program
- You must be in good academic standing with an overall grade point average of 3.00 or higher and achieved junior status. A 3.50 is required for the Oxford Programme.
- You must be in your Junior or Senior year and have attended Tiffin University for at least three semesters as a full-time student.
- You must be favorably recommended by the Dean of Students and your faculty mentor. A faculty recommendation is also required for the Oxford Programme.
- You must be a full-time student, 12 credit hours or more.
- Complete the Application for Study Abroad Program and obtain all required signatures. This signed form must be turned in to the Registrar and a copy to the Study Abroad Coordinator.
- Submit the signed waiver to the Study Abroad Coordinator.
- If you are applying for financial aid you must have filed all the necessary documents by July 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester.
- Recipients of institutional aid, including academic scholarships, grants, athletic scholarships or activity grants, may use these funds for ONE study abroad semester. Students wishing to participate in a full year of study abroad will not receive these for the second semester. Any federal or state aid for which you are eligible may be used.
- International students or students who have lived or studied outside the U.S. may not use T.U. financial aid for a study abroad program in their home country or the country in which they lived or studied.
- If financial aid is incomplete due to your delay in providing documentation, you are responsible for payment of all tuition, room and board due prior to departure. You will receive the aid payment when all documentation is completed prior to applicable federal and state deadlines.