Internships and Academic Seminars in Washington, D.C., London, England and Monterrey, Mexico
The Washington Center offers you a credit-worthy experience consisting of:
- An Internship is highly prized by today’s college students. These semester long work experiences are critical stepping stones to professional success.
- An academic course, selected from more than 35 offered each term by highly qualified faculty. All students are required to enroll in an academic course.
- The Leadership Forum, a structured set of activities that give interns opportunities to understand leadership and the opportunities they have to contribute to their communities locally, nationally and internally. Students hear and interact with distinguished speakers – including cabinet members, ambassadors, journalists, members of Congress, and others who introduce them to current public policy debates and organizations and people who shape them. Other programming helps students appreciate the many opportunities they have to give back in their own ways through service to their communities.
Potential Internships may include:
- American Psychological Association
- American Red Cross
- Amnesty International
- Children’s Defense Fund
- Democratic National Committee
- Embassies and consulates
- Inter-American Development Bank
- Law Offices
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National political committees
- Organization of American States
- Peace Corps
- Republican National Committee
- Various US Departments such as Commerce, Interior, Treasury, State. Druge Enforcement, EPA
- The White House
- The World Bank
Visit The Washington Center for more opportunities.
Contact Dr. Steven Hurwitz, Professor of Psychology and Criminal Justice firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-448-3284, or in his office located in the McKillup House.
All housing facilities provide shared, independent living arrangements in apartment buildings in Northern Virginia, suburban Maryland and Washington D.C. All housing units are fully-furnished, have A/C, fully equipped kitchens, laundry facilities, phone and basic cable service, 24 hour frond desk coverage or secured access, high speed internet, convenient access to the Metro subway system.