School of Arts and Sciences
School of Arts And Sciences
Message from the Dean
Without viable thinking and communication abilities, students in the 21st Century will not be able to engage intensively in the cultural, social and technological changes impacting all professional roles in society. The School of Arts and Sciences is the educational foundation for all academic programs at Tiffin University. Our general education courses prepare students to be critical thinkers, engage in teamwork, communicate with clarity, and understand cultural and ethical implications of human behavior. With these abilities, a person will be successful in any career choices they make.
The School of Arts and Sciences supports degree programs in Arts Administration, Communication, Education, English, General Science, History, Professional Music, Exercise Science and Forensic Science, and language studies. Our school also has supporting coursework with other majors at Tiffin University in the School of Business and the School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences.
We have diverse, talented professors who help our students investigate many different facets of human thought that shape our culture and society. The faculty and staff of the school will assist any student to discern her or his area of interest and pursue a course of study leading to professional success. We take the time to listen and guide students to achieve their highest potential.
We are excited to share with you a new science lab for the Fall 2015 semester. Along with this new lab, the Exercise Science lab is available to students for assessment classes and practical assignments. Our students will be able to engage in scientific processes in both labs that will prepare them for professional positions.
The School of Arts and Sciences also presents opportunities to all students on campus to engage in theater productions and musical ensembles. Our students engaging in these activities build relationships and skills that last their lifetime.
Please also take time to visit the Diane Kidd Art Gallery. Shows exhibited range in media to enrich the lives of students, faculty and the community. Professional, amateur and students artists have exhibited in the gallery.
It is my privilege to represent the faculty of the School of Arts and Sciences. We welcome your interest in Tiffin University, whether you’re a present or prospective student.
If I can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Joyce Hall-Yates, J.D.
Dean, School of Arts and Sciences
Assistant Professor of Paralegal Studies
Title IX Investigator
Bachelor of Arts
- Arts Administration: Music Industry
- Arts Administration: Visual Arts
- Communication: Electronic Media
- Communication: Journalism
- Communication: Public Relations
- English with licensure in Integrated Language Arts (in conjunction with Lourdes University)
- English, History or Science with licensure in Middle School Education, grades 4-9 (in conjunction with Lourdes University)
- General Science with concentrations in Behavioral Science, and Chemistry
- History with licensure in Integrated Social Studies, grades 7-12 (in conjunction with Lourdes University)
- Professional Music
- Professional Studies
Bachelor of Science
- Exercise Science
- Forensic Science
- Information Technology - online and off-campus programs only
- Healthcare Administration - online and off-campus programs only
Our Mission Statement
The School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) engages the University’s intellectual community in the full richness and depth of the human experience.
- SAS provides a common, cohesive understanding of the foundations and directions of human thought as represented in the liberal arts and sciences and develops the skills to form and communicate ideas, beliefs, and knowledge for all Tiffin University students.
- SAS offers majors, grounded in the arts and sciences, that develop within each student the intellectual skills and abilities required for a successful professional career or admission to graduate school.
Our Vision Statement
"Empower students to be life-long learners, to adhere to integrity in practice, to be committed to leading by example, to value diversity, and to strive to be rigorous learners"
Need more information?
Call us today at (800) 968-6446 ext. 3426, or (419) 448-3426.