Career & Student Development
TU’s Career Development Office Brings The World To Your Fingertips!
What can the Career Development Office do for you? Ask yourself a few simple questions. If you answer “Yes” to any of them, we have the real resources you’re looking for – resources that will bring the “real world” to your fingertips!
- Are you undecided in your academic major or career?
- Are you unsure how to start your career?
- Are you concerned about the future?
- Are you concerned about finding stable and secure work?
Tiffin University offers a number of programs to help students develop academically and professionally. The job market is very competitive and with the help from the Career Development Office, you can stand out and can achieve your full potential!
The Four-Year Approach To Career Development
We believe in a four-year approach to career development. During the freshmen year, you should discover your values, skills, and interests. A “career action plan” should be developed during your sophomore year. At this time, attending the Professional Development Workshop is beneficial for students to develop your career strategies. The internship search and resume update are some of the tasks for the junior year. And, attending on-campus interviews and job fairs helps the senior to begin the job or grad school search.
Our Career Development staff is here to assist you throughout your time at TU with help writing a resume, making the graduate school decision, and looking for the first full-time job after graduation. We are here every step of the way, with real connections to real opportunities!
Helping Students Achieve Professional Excellence
Tiffin University helps students attain personal and professional goals. The one-on-one consultations with students in the Career Development Office assists with the creation of professional resumes, cover letters and other documents.
You Should Know:
The University boasts a job placement rate in the upper 90s. TU is successful with job search assistance because of services provided by the Career Development Office and the individual, personal attention each of our students receive.
What Are The Services and Events Offered
By The Career Development Office?
- Individualized Career Counseling
- Resume Writing Programs & Critiques/Cover Letter Writing Programs & Critiques
- Interviewing Programs & Mock Interviews
- Job Success Programs & Alumni Panel Sessions
- Job Fairs (TU/BERG Job Fair and Collegiate EmployNet)
- Graduate School Information & Catalogs
- Networking Opportunities & Assistance
- Company / Organization Information & Resource Library
- On-Campus Employer Recruiting Events
- Business Etiquette Seminars
- Professional Preview Day
- Meet and Eat Lunch Series
- Employer Advisory Board
- Professional Development Workshop Series
- Career Portfolio Development
Have Any Questions Or Need Additional Information?
Carol McDannell, Director of Internships, at CMcdanne@tiffin.edu or (419) 448-3441 or (800) 968-6446 ext 3441 OR
Celinda Scherger, Director of Career Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (419) 448-3313 or (800) 968-6446 ext 3313