Tiffin University Career Connections for Employers & Recruiters
Posting your position(s) on our Career Connections job board is the quickest and easiest way to begin recruiting with us.
Employers recruiting students from Tiffin University will be required to create a Career Connections account. If you need assistance please contact the Office of Career Services at 419-448-3313 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting Started with Career Connections
In order to use the Career Connections system, you must first register your organization
- First time users – Click “sign up and post a job”
- Your user name will be your email address.
- You will be assigned an initial password which you will be able to change.
Please note: The Career Development Office cannot view your password from the Career Connections system. If you forget your password, please click on the “Forgot my Password” tab to have your password reset and emailed to you.
Common reasons employer registrations are declined include:
- Gmail, yahoo, hotmail or other general domain names in the email address
- Private individual looking to hire a nanny, daycare, tutor, etc.
- Posting is for a third party staffing agency (see Third Party policy below)
- Invalid company website
- Website/email domains for known companies that do not match the corporate domain
- Incomplete registration information (full name and title, lack details in job description, etc.)
- Require student to pay or invest in your company before employment
Note: This information is not viewable to students; it is for system registration purposes only. You must select what is viewable to students within each job posting after your registration is approved.
Third Party Recruiting Policy
If you are a Third-Party Recruiter posting a job for a client, it will be necessary to disclose the client’s company name for whom you are recruiting in the Job Description box. All positions posted by third-party recruiters without the client’s company name will be deleted from the system. Third-party recruiters are eligible to participate in the Career Fair ONLY IF they are recruiting for their own respective organization OR they explicitly state the company they are representing at the time of the fair. Also see NACE Third Party Recruiting Policy. Recruiting complexities that exist for a third-party recruiter far surpass those of a typical employer. Therefore, the TU Career Development Office reserves the right to deny access and participation to any third-party employer.
How to Post a Position
- Log into your Career Connections (College Central Network) account.
- From your home page under the Shortcuts – select "Create Job Posting" or you can click the "Jobs" tab in the top navigation bar, then click the "Add New" button.
- Complete the form with your job information (you can copy and paste information into this form).
- Click the Submit button when your posting is ready. Please note: Your job will be pending until we have reviewed it. When it has been approved, you will see a green check mark in the Approved column. You will also be sent an e–mail confirmation.
Things to keep in mind when posting:
- Keep in mind that the more qualifiers you require (i.e., GPA, graduation date, major, etc.), the fewer resumes you will receive.
- If you mark a job as “Restricted”, only those students who meet your criteria exactly will be able to submit resumes.
- Students are always interested in any salary information (amount or range) you may provide
For assistance, please contact the Career Services Office at 419-448-3313 or email@example.com
Log-in to Career Connections to Create a New Account and/or Post a Job
TU Career Development Office is obligated to follow both professional guidelines (National Association of Colleges and Employers) and federal EEO guidelines. More information is available at the following website: www.naceweb.org/principles
Right of Refusal - Any company or organization seeking to recruit at TU student must register a Career Connections account through the Career Development Office. If a representative of an organization fails to comply with the University Posting and Announcement Policy, or NACE Principles for Employment Professionals; access to some or all services may be declined or revoked.
If you have further questions or require assistance, please contact:
Celinda M. Scherger, Director of Career Development
Murphy Academic Support Center
firstname.lastname@example.org OR 419-448-3313