Career Center Resources
Job Search Resources
The internet is a valuable resources for your job search. Here are some places to assist in your search:
- The Riley Guide: The Riley Guide introduces you to the online job search, listing many online sites and services that are useful for your job search. We do not post jobs nor resumes but instead point you to the places that do.
- America's Job Bank: Huge searchable database of job listings from across the country developed by the governments 2,000+ employment offices throughout the country.
- Best Jobs U.S.A.: Recourse Communications publishes Employment Review, promote job fairs and has several other related businesses.
- Career Builder: Career Builder is the on-line arm of Bernard Hodes Advertising and one of the first WWW job sites to mount a serious commercial venture. Multiple services include J.O.B.S. (Jobs Offered by Search) database of job listings, resume database, career management articles, employer profiles, web pages and links to company home pages.
- Career Magazine: National Career Magazine maintains a searchable index of 120 job related news groups as part of its service. Career articles, resume database and company positions searchable by location. Skill and title as well as date posted are also available for the job applicant.
- College Grad Job Hunter: Large database of jobs for college grads and experienced professionals. Good job market info, employer links, help putting together and postings resumes to places where employers are "likely to look".
- Job Web: NACE provides an extensive job opportunity bank for college students to peruse as well as helpful diversity information (INROADS is just one example). A forum and news info for college career professionals, a career and human bibliography, events calendar and links to human resource associations round out one of the webs most valuable databases.
- Monster: This commercial service owned by TMP, a recruitment advertising firm, offers improving design and contains 1000s of postings in its database. Career info, links to other sites and flexible search of postings makes this a useful site.
- Job Hunt: Provides job search advice, a listing of job search and career websites, as well as articles and books on job hunting.
- Employment Guide: Search by keyword, location, date. Offers additional international job search database.
- Indeed: Searches multiple job websites for you and delivers relevant job postings utilizing your search criteria.
- Internet Job Source: Can search job openings by location and industry; also links directly to employers' websites.
- LinkedIn Jobs: Get expert guidance from industry leaders, then sign up for LinkedIn to power your job search.
- Net-Temps: Consortium of employment agencies; wide variety of entry level positions in the Bay Area. (Note: we do not recommend utilizing employment agencies that charge the job seeker).
- Yahoo! Careers: Includes a wide variety of jobs, has a special search feature for entry-level/internships, and provides a huge list of company profiles.
- Locanto: Locanto is a free classifieds website which allows people to post, browse, and find part-time and full-time jobs in any city. Users can also post their resume and directly contact employers on Locanto.
- Ohio Means Jobs: Ohio's online resource for occupational information, career videos, training providers, employment opportunities and a lot more.
- LinkedIn: Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights and opportunities.
- HigherEdJobs: HigherEdJobs is the leading source for jobs and career information in academia.
- Glassdoor: Glassdoor helps you find a job and company you love. Reviews, salaries and benefits from employees. Interview questions from candidates. Millions of jobs.
- Simply Hired: An employment website for job listings and online recruitment advertising network. The company aggregates job listings from thousands of sites across the Web including job boards, newspaper and classified listings, associations, social networks, content sites and company career sites.