Clubs & Organizations
Student Organization Registration
Existing Student Organizations
In order to maintain its status as a recognized student organization, all organizations are required to complete and submit a copy of the Student Organization Registration Form along with an updated copy of the organization's constitution within the first two weeks of each academic year. They must hold organized meetings and complete three events each semester.
New Student Organizations
In order for a group to become a University recognized organization, the group must complete the following registration process.
- Meet with the Director of Student Activities
- Complete a Student Organization Registration Form.
- Develop an organizational constitution. The constitution should include the name of the organization, the organization's mission statement, officers, advisor, fees if applicable, and membership requirements.
- Submit all paperwork (Registration Form and constitution) to the Director of Student Activities.
- Attend a Student Government meeting in order to present the organization as well as answer any questions about the organization.
Student Government will vote to approve, oppose, or refer the organization back to the Director of Student Activities. The new organization must complete 2 of 3 required activities, attend Student Government meetings for a semester for completion of their probation. After all requirements are met, the Director of Student Activities will approach Student Government and request a vote for the organization.
University recognition grants the privileges of using the University facilities and services; the sponsoring of group events, such as social, academic and cultural events, and the right to request funds from the Office of Student Affairs or Student Government.
Recognition of an organization may be refused, or if granted, withdrawn because of: policies or practices adverse to education or the best interests of the University; inactivity; or noncompliance with University regulations.