Internships and other pre-professional experiences are an important way to apply classroom knowledge and skills to the world of professional communication. Students are encouraged (but not required) to complete at least one internship for course credit. Communication majors have completed pre-professional experiences with organizations such as:
- The Bryan Times - Bryan, Ohio
- ABC News - London
- Double R Productions - Washington, D.C.
- Clear Channel Communications - Dayton, Ohio
- Office of Admissions - Tiffin University
- The Washington Center - Washington, D.C.