Emergency Notification Sign Up
Please complete the form below to be included in Tiffin University's text message alert system. This system allows the University to quickly alert students and employees to situations such as Emergency Situations, Severe Weather Advisories, School Closings, and Major Event Cancellations. Those who sign up for this service will only be alerted via text message in events concerning campus safety, and your number will not be used for any other purpose.
Please fill out the form below.
Once you click "Submit", you will receive a text message to the phone number you provided.
You must reply to that text message with the word "OK" to complete the enrollment process.
All students and employees are encouraged to participate, but the service is completely voluntary. To unsubscribe to this service, please text STOP to 96362.
Who can sign up for the Tiffin University Emergency Notification System?
- The service is available for Tiffin University students, their parents, and university employees.
Will my cell phone number be kept confidential?
- Yes, your cell phone numbers are not shared or sold to any other systems or services.
When will I receive alerts from this service?
- Alerts are sent out only during Emergency Situations, Severe Weather Advisories, School Closings, and Major Event Cancellations. The University will send a test of the notification system once a semester to ensure that the system is working. An all-campus email will be sent out prior to the test so students, faculty, and staff will know when to expect it.
What other methods will the University take to communicate to campus during an emergency?
- The Emergency Notification System will be used every time there is an emergency on campus. In addition, an all-campus email will be sent out to alert the campus community of an emergency.
What do I need and how much does it cost?
- You need a cell phone with text messaging capabilities and there is no charge to users for signing up. Individual cell phone plans will apply normal charges for the text message.