Master of Humanities
Master of Humanities - English
A rationale for an English concentration is almost self-evident. Students have requested the concentration and many from this program have applied to adjunct positions in English only to be told that they need 18 hours or a degree or concentration in the field.
The Master of Humanities program offers a variety of English courses. The English concentration requires a core of 9 hours of ENG Survey in (American, British and World) Literature courses and 9 hours of ENG electives to meet the 18 hours of concentration requirements. *ENG 501 does not meet graduation requirements toward the MH/ENG degree.
English Concentration Core:
- ENG 561 Survey of British Literature
- ENG 562 Survey of American Literature
- ENG 563 Survey of World Literature
- ENG 515 Teaching College English
- ENG 530 The Culture and Literature of Modernity
- ENG 541 Creative Writing Short Story
- ENG 542 Creative Writing Novel
- ENG 543 Creative Writing Poetry
- ENG 570 Ethnic Voices
- ENG 583 Poetics of Western Drama
- ENG680 Capstone Project or ENG681 M.H. Comprehensive Exams