Diversity Strategic Plan 2009-2015
Goal One: Create a University that is welcoming to diverse populations
- Conduct an annual diversity self-study and use the data to monitor changes in the institutional climate, with specific attention to underrepresented groups.
- Improve awareness of and support for services to individuals with disabilities
- Strive toward the creation of "significant mass" for underrepresented faculty and staff. More specifically, administrators, vice presidents, deans, department chairs, executive directors, etc.
- Provide diversity awareness workshops for students, staff, faculty, administrators, and community leaders.
Goal Two: Access and Equity – Recruitment and Retention
- Research and adopt programs informed by data to enhance graduation rates of underrepresented students.
- Take steps to support the career advancement of women and underrepresented faculty and staff.
- Research and consider adopting an annual staff review that includes plans for development and/or promotion either inside the current division or within the university as a whole.
Goal Three: Organizational learning (internal & external)
- Review curricula to ensure that diversity courses accurately reflect domestic and global diversity issues.
- Organize a support system for faculty who teach diversity courses and/or faculty who wish to broaden their knowledge and skills of diversity-related pedagogy.
- Support research on diversity issues including preparation of research reports, publication of findings and presentation at conferences.
- Research and create an online informational center for the Office of Institutional Diversity for campus and community ongoing training.