Walkup Help Desk
Information Technology Services provides IT Computing Support to TU Students at no cost to the student. To take advantage of this free service a students just needs to bring their laptop or desktop to the ITS Help Desk located on the 2nd Floor of the Hertzer Technology Center. An ITS technicians can assist with software, virus and internet connectivity related issues.
In an effort to keep the Tiffin University network clean, if a students computer has become infected by spyware, malware, or a virus, the Walkup Helpdesk offers students chance to have their computer thoroughly "cleaned".
The Walkup Service Desk can assist with the following:
- getting a laptop or desktop connected to the TU internet or Wi-Fi
- troubleshooting software issues
- computer "cleaning", removing spyware, malware, or viruses
Some things to keep in mind:
- The student should perform a backup of their data stored on the hard drive of their device before the device is brought to ITS for repairs. ITS does not accept responsibility for lost or damaged data.
- Hardware issues brought to the Walkup Service Desk can only be looked at and only a suggested course of action can be made. ITS cannot replace or repair the actual hardware item(s).
- When dropping off your computer please only bring:1) desktop tower or 2) laptop with the power adapter
- We do not need external keyboard, external mouse, speakers, desktop power cord, desktop monitor, or laptop case/bag.
- Keep in mind that items brought to the Walkup Service desk are addressed on a first come first serve basis.