OhioLINK Access - How to Access Databases
A guide for online students
1) Remote authentication, what is this?
- Authentication is proving that you are cleared to be able to use the resources of OhioLINK, which is the collection of information that as a student of Tiffin University you have access to.
- Any student who is not on campus at the time they are using OhioLINK must let the system know who they are. It only automatically recognizes on campus users.
2) How do I let them know who I am?
- Choose Tiffin University from the drop down list of member colleges and universities that appears.
- Then simply type in, when prompted, your name (last name first).
- A box for your library barcode will appear. This is the 12 digit number/barcode that appears either on the back of your college ID or that came on a letter from the graduate office.
3) Problem: It won't recognize me, HELP!!
- Make sure you typed your barcode correctly with the NUM LOCK key on if you use the number keypad on your computer.
- If you have an error message, contact Pfeiffer Library and ask a librarian to check to see that your library account is active with no fines.
- Try typing into your browser http://auth.ohiolink.edu and follow the instructions given.