Online Bachelor Degree Programs
Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
The online Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration program is a four-year degree, exposing students to both business courses specific to the healthcare industry, in addition to, natural science courses.
There are several unique elements to this curriculum:
- The courses are scaffolding, each building on one another.
- Extensive technology is utilized throughout the natural science courses.
- An overall arching grading philosophy is established and followed within the core classes.
- Students can choose from 24 elective hours focusing in on either acute care, long-term care, mental health, or public health.
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration will possess the foundational knowledge to work within a variety of non-clinical capacities in the health care profession. This knowledge can act as a springboard to clinical positions with the inclusion of additional training and education, in addition to the achievement of a non-clinical graduate degree and/or certifications recognized within the industry.
All Tiffin University faculty members teaching within the program have extensive experience working in the healthcare industry, possess related educational experience, or have a combination of both experience and education.
Did you know?
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the healthcare industry overall will generate more new jobs through 2020 than any other industry.
- Ten of twenty of the fastest growing jobs are in healthcare, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Potential Career Opportunities in Healthcare Administration:
- Healthcare Administrator
- Director of Business Development
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Director of Patient Safety
- Hospital Administrator
- Case Manager
- Healthcare Marketing Director
- Project Consultant
All Tiffin University students in the Online Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration program fulfill their academic requirements for graduation by completing courses in the following areas.
- Knowledge Skills (16 credit hours)
- General Education Core (34 credit hours)
- Healthcare Administration Major (50 credit hours)
- Open Electives or Optional Minor (24 credit hours)
- Total Semester Hours for the Degree (124 credit hours)
Online classes are all offered in seven (7) week terms starting in January, March, May, July, August, and October.
- Accreditations: Higher Learning Commission