Online Bachelor Degree Programs
Bachelor of Criminal Justice (BCJ) in Justice Administration (Online)
The Online Bachelor of Criminal Justice in Justice Administration degree is specifically designed for students who are interested in leadership in some facet of the criminal justice system. This program is designed to provide students with a broad understanding of issues that criminal justice leaders face today. Students will study issues in corrections, law enforcement, public administration, and multicultural issues. This major incorporates research design and a capstone course blending academics with a practitioner focus.
At Tiffin University, we offer education for real life, and this means that upon graduation, you will be ready to follow various career paths. The need for college graduates with a grasp of the complexities associated with the criminal justice system is clear. This innovative major affords you the chance to hone your professional interests while acquiring traditional skill sets needed to succeed in the 21st century.
The Justice Administration program offers students the unique opportunity to interact with working professionals from the field. Our faculty members have vast experience in justice administration and offer an innovative blend of theory and practice that is crucial for effective professional education.
The BCJ in Justice Administration is a great fit for students who are looking for a general criminal justice degree in order to apply to a wide range of criminal justice opportunities. These may include entry-level positions and career path progression to supervision and administration within criminal justice agencies.
Did you know?
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the 2013 median salary for Criminal Justice careers was $43,050 per year.
- Job growth in the Criminal Justice field is expected to exceed the national mean and salaries are going to be higher than average.
Potential Career Opportunities in Justice Administration:
- Case Manager
- Court Diversion Program Worker
- Domestic Violence Shelter Counselor
- Human Services Investigator
- Probation or Parole Officer
- Substance Abuse Worker
- Correctional or Law Enforcement Officer
- Victim Advocate
All Tiffin University students in the Online Bachelor of Criminal Justice – Justice Administration Concentration program fulfill their academic requirements for graduation by completing courses in the following areas.
- Knowledge Skills Core (16 credit hours)
- General Education Core (33 credit hours)
- Criminal Justice Core (21 credit hours)
- Justice Administration Major (33 credit hours)
- Open Electives or Optional Minor (18 credit hours)
- Total Semester Hours for the Degree (121 credit hours)
Online classes are all offered in seven (7) week terms starting in January, March, May, July, August, and October.
- Accreditations: The Higher Learning Commission