Online Bachelor Degree Programs
Online Bachelor of Criminal Justice in Corrections
With this online Criminal Justice degree, you will be equipped to handle the dynamic nature of the largest facet of the criminal justice system - corrections. The program focuses on the relationship of corrections to the broader criminal justice system, as well as the evaluation and treatment of offenders in community supervision or custodial community-based facilities.
Tiffin University’s Corrections program offers students the unique opportunity to interact with working professionals from the field. Faculty members here at Tiffin University have experience in the correctional environment and offer an innovative blend of theory and practice that is crucial for effective professional education.
The major is structured to give our students sufficient background in legal issues, management, history, social work, and counseling that effectively augment the knowledge and skills they develop in the criminal justice core curriculum. A strong emphasis is placed on providing the latest perspectives on offender re-entry, population management strategies, offender motivation, theory, and policy that will provide you with the requisite educational foundation to affect positive outcomes in offender management.
Tiffin University is a not-for-profit, student-centered, teaching institution, which allows our faculty and administration to have a laser-like focus on our students. Tiffin University has been educating students for over 125 years and as always, we strive to provide our online students all the resources to be successful and to achieve their goals.
Did you know?
- Employment of Correctional Officers is projected to grow 5 percent from 2012 to 2022, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for Probation Officers & Correctional Treatment Specialists was $48,190 in May, 2012.
Potential Career Opportunities in Corrections:
- Case Manager (Correctional Program Specialist)
- Correctional Officer
- Parole Officer
- Re-entry Coordinator
- Chemical Dependency Specialist (w/licensure)
- Sex Offender Specialist
- Prison Inspector
- Probation Officer
- Criminal Justice Planner
- Grants Manager
All Tiffin University students in the online Bachelor of Criminal Justice in Corrections program fulfill their academic requirements for graduation by completing courses in the following areas.
- Knowledge Skills Core (16 credit hours)
- General Education Core (33 credit hours)
- Criminal Justice Core (21 credit hours)
- Corrections Major (30 credit hours)
- Open Electives or Optional Minor (21 hours)
- Total Semester Hours for the Degree (121 credit hours)
Online classes are all offered in seven (7) week terms starting in January, March, May, July, August, and October
- Accreditations: The Higher Learning Commission