Online Bachelor Degree Programs
Online Bachelor of Criminal Justice in Homeland Security and Terrorism
Tiffin University’s online Bachelor of Criminal Justice in Homeland Security & Terrorism program provides a broad range of academic curriculum pertaining to the Homeland Security enterprise. Subjects covered in this degree program include terrorism, critical infrastructure protection, emergency management, counterintelligence/counterterrorism, homeland security and the law, and covert action/intelligence. Homeland Security is a diverse endeavor to protect U.S. citizens and infrastructure domestically from all hazard events. Homeland security initiatives are at the local, state, and federal level requiring extensive employment of personnel. Tiffin University faculty teaching homeland security courses blend academic curriculum with current events and homeland security enterprise initiatives.
The need for college graduates with a grasp of the complexities associated with homeland security and terrorism is clear. This innovative major affords you the chance to hone your professional interests while acquiring traditional skill sets needed to succeed after graduation from Tiffin University
Graduates will be able to devise problem-solving strategies, using state, local, and national instruments of power, for foreign, domestic, and natural threats to homeland security. They will develop critical thinking and analytical skills as they apply to research and practical application of criminal justice concepts. Our graduates will identify, assess, and prioritize threats, risks, and vulnerabilities.
Did you know?
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Emergency Management Specialists is projected to grow 19 percent from 2008-2018.
- According to PayScale.com, the median annual salary for a data security administrator was $51,403 as of February 2014, whereas the median salary of border patrol agents was $61,789.
Numerous positions are available within the field of criminal justice and homeland security. In some cases, law enforcement agencies may prefer their officers to have training in homeland security. Training in homeland security may also prove beneficial for students interested in pursuing options in the worlds of industry or business.
Potential Career Opportunities in Homeland Security & Terrorism:
- Security Administrator
- Border Patrol Agent
- Transportation Security Officer (TSA)
- Corrections Officer
- Military Service
- Homeland Security Analysis
- Emergency Management
All Tiffin University students in the online Bachelor of Criminal Justice in Homeland Security & Terrorism program fulfill their academic requirements for graduation by completing courses in the following areas:
- Knowledge Skills Core (16 hours)
- General Education Core (33 hours)
- Criminal Justice Core (21 hours)
- Homeland Security & Terrorism Major (30 hours)
- Open Electives or Optional Minor (21 hours)
- Total Semester Hours for the Degree (121 credit hours)
Online classes are all offered in seven (7) week terms starting in January, March, May, July, August, and October
- Accreditations: The Higher Learning Commission