Online Bachelor Degree Programs
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a concentration in Applied-Human Services
Psychology is all about the study of the mind and behavior. To that end, every career can be greatly enhanced by understanding people and why they do what they do. The online Bachelor of Arts in Psychology course of study has a specific concentration in Human Services geared to individuals that are looking for a career in the caregiving profession or social work.
The Human Services concentration offers an applied psychological and interdisciplinary understanding of personal and social problems often encountered in contemporary society, and is designed primarily for students who intend to pursue careers in psychological and social service related fields.
Through a strategic combination of coursework, internship, and self-directed study, this program prepares students for immediate employment in a wide variety of helping professions, and serves as a foundation for admission to applied graduate study in the mental health and community service related fields. This degree does not provide licensure.
Tiffin University is a not-for-profit, student-centered, teaching institution, which allows our faculty and administration to have a laser-like focus on our students.
Tiffin University has been educating students for over 125 years and as always, we strive to provide our online students all the resources to be successful and to achieve their goals.
Did you know?
The median annual wage for psychologists in 2013 was $69,280.
Employment of psychologists is projected to grow 12 percent from 2012 to 2022. Job prospects should be best for those who have a doctoral degree in an applied specialty and those with a specialist or doctoral degree in school psychology.
Potential Career Opportunities in Psychology – Human Services:
- Case Manager for MRDD Agencies
- Case Manager for Mental Health Agencies
- Case Manager for Substance Abuse Agencies
- Day Treatment Worker for Mentally Ill Adults
- Residential Manager of Group Homes
- Case Worker for Children’s Services
- Victim Assistance Agencies
- Court and Community Treatment Liaison
- Social Service Coordinator
- Quality/Performance Improvement Manager
- Resident Advisor in a Community Based Correctional Facility
- Youth Advisor in Juvenile Offender Agency
- Adult/Juvenile Probation Officer
All TU students in the Online Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – Human Services Concentration program fulfill their academic requirements for graduation by completing courses in the following areas.
- Knowledge Skills (49 credit hours)
- Psychology Core (24 credit hours)
- Concentration: Human Services (24 credit hours)
- Open Electives (24 credit hours)
- Total Semester Hours for the Degree (121 credit hours)
Online classes are all offered in seven (7) week terms starting in January, March, May, July, August, and October.
- Discounts: Fraternal Order of Police (F.O.P.) member, active military member & spouses, Commodore Perry Credit Union, LA County Employee
- Accreditations: Higher Learning Commission.