Safety and Security
TU Emergency Contact Information
You must dial the 419 area code even for local off-campus calls
If in doubt, ALWAYS call 911
1) Mike Herdlick- Dean of Students 419-448-3582 / (cell) 419-618-5154
2) Tom Nellson - Director of Residence Life 419-448-3422 / (cell) 978-604-0754
4) Maintenance 419-448-3275 / (Night) 419-934-2850
5) University Health Center (8AM - 12PM Monday - Friday) 419-448-3429
6) NightWatch - Student Security (8AM - 3AM) 419-934-0721
7) Student Affairs Front Desk 419-448-3264
**Bold numbers indicates University extensions**
24 Hour Access
Tiffin University 24-hour Assistance........1-800-613-4456
Emergency …………… 911
Mercy Hospital ……… 419-455-7000
Tiffin Police Department 419-447-2323 (press 0 for Dispatch)
Fire (non-emergency) … 419-448-5444
Service Cab …………… 419-447-3232
To Report a fire, Always call 911
If the fire alarm goes off, exit the building.
Do not use elevators. Remember: Never disconnect smoke detectors! Tampering with fire alarms and fire safety equipment is a crime!
Tornado Watch – Conditions are favorable for the development of thunderstorms that have a strong capability of producing tornados
Tornado Warning – A tornado has been spotted and has indicated a developing tornado and you should seek shelter immediately:
If a Tornado Warning is issued, please seek shelter immediately: Go to basement:
Go into an interior, windowless room such as a closet or bathroom. Climb into the shower with a couch cushion or mattress over you.
Stay away from windows. Do not use elevator!
Keep doors locked. Do not leave possessions unattended; take care of each other.