Building Cultural Competency Certificate Training
Through our Celebrating CulTUral Uniqueness Initiative, Tiffin University is committed to training faculty, staff and students in cultural competence.
Building Cultural Competencies is a four-part training that involves lectures, activities, interaction with colleagues, presentations and engaging learning experiences to help participants:
- Demonstrate effective self-awareness and self-management and on the job
- Navigate through cultural differences, both domestic and global, with an intended outcome of mutual understanding and respect
- Be aware of implicit biases and know how to regulate behavior appropriately
- Understand one’s Cultural Intelligence (CQ) assessment and know how to translate it into effective working relationships
- Demonstrate the ability to use the four CQ Strategies (Drive, Knowledge, Strategy, and Action)
- Build cultural understanding and intelligence within one’s organization
Certificate Training Slideshow
The photos below are from the certificate training that took place in June 2019.