The Division of What’s Next – Strategic Innovation has been created in order to assist with informing, operationalizing, executing, and sustaining a product innovation strategy for the University. It is responsible for managing the innovation process that identifies strategies, business opportunities and new technologies and then develops new capabilities and architectures with partners, new business models and new industry structures to serve those opportunities.
The role of Strategic Innovation is critical in ensuring our strategy anticipates and responds to market trends, maintains a future orientation and drives long term sustainable growth. The Vice President for What’s Next- Strategic Innovation will assist the President and Provost to align the institution around strategies centered on performance growth and vitality, strengthening the capacity for innovation and improvement across the institution and tactics for growth and an effort to maximize non-tuition revenue.
The division will focus on the following:
- Further develop and embed innovation and improvement in University culture
- Work with executives, champion innovation and improvement projects across institutional lines to significantly impact University goals set by the Board and President
- Coach and mentor management, faculty and staff to foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to bridge the gap between customer needs and University resources
- Build a sustainable business model aimed at maximizing non-tuition revenue utilizing innovation and improvement methodologies
The division is strategic and aims at driving and maximizing service, access, support and revenues from innovation by:
- Building, enhancing and growing an innovation ecosystem across all university departments, improving entrepreneurial capabilities, and providing services normally associated with business incubators to stimulate innovation
- Actively engaging with potential partners in government, finance (mainly private equity and venture capital), business, philanthropy and the scientific community to promote investment in research and innovation
- Increasing discovery outcomes by encouraging multidisciplinary and multidepartment collaborations
- Creating university partnerships
Meet the Team
Degrees & Certificates
Master’s degree, University of Wisconsin System
Ron is a seasoned executive with a strong strategy orientation who has lead major initiatives and businesses in varying roles before taking on this role at Tiffin University.
With over 11 years of experience in higher education in various roles within public and private institutions, Ron is a passionate, innovative, and dedicated manager/advisor leading growth through increased sales and shaping a culture of change and excellence. Sitting in various roles from the president, enrollment management and faculty, he has demonstrated diverse strengths in linking strategic and tactical planning to day-to-day operations.
Spending time with the State of Wisconsin Department of Administration, and Acer America, Ron also brings 5 years of corporate experience in budgeting, training, and sales. He earned a master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin System in 1994.
Offices & Departments
- Office for Equity, Access & Opportunity
- Office of Academic Excellence and Effectiveness
- Office of the Registrar
- Office of Student Accounts
- Office of Marketing & Communications
- Information Technology Services (ITS)
- Human Resources
- Campus Safety and Security
- Event Services
- The Center for Faculty Support and Teaching Innovation
- Division of What’s Next – Strategic Innovation
We’re Here for You!
For questions about the Division of What’s Next – Strategic Innovation, contact:
Location: Franks Hall, First Floor