Overview of Education Information
Welcome to The Education Program at Tiffin University through Partnership with Lourdes University.
Tiffin University has partnered with Lourdes University to offer licensure programs in both Middle Childhood and High School Education. As a Tiffin student, you will take all of your classes at Tiffin University, even your education classes taught by Lourdes University faculty. It is a great opportunity to work with content area experts in the field at Tiffin University along with experienced education professors at Lourdes University!
Teacher Preparation Programs:
- High School Integrated Social Studies (AYA 7-12)
- Middle Childhood Education (MS Grades 4-9): Choose 2 content areas: Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, or Math
Are you new to the program?Register Now
Important Documents and Information
Education Plans: p. 58 – 65
Focus on: p. 67 – 94
Course Rotation: Use with Advisor
Must maintain a 3.0 or higher to stay in the program.
Must pass all Education classes with a B or higher Year 1 and Field Experience Experiences Courses with a B or higher throughout the program.
FBI/BCI Background Check Form – Complete Yearly
Where? You can get this done at two locations:
1) CASA. 21 Court Street, Tiffin, OH 44883. Call to make an appointment 8:30-3:30 in 1/2 hour time slots: 419-448-1442)
2) At NCOESC. North Central Ohio ESC, 928 W Market St, Tiffin, OH 44883. Call and make an appointment: (419)-447-2927 for Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
How? Download the document and fill out the top. Take this filled-out form with you. It will take about 30 minutes in the office, But results take 30-90 days to come back.
Why? Must complete before entering schools. Note: Must be 18 to have BCI/FBI. Expires after 1 year- must complete yearly before expiration date.
What are the ACT/SAT Requirements for Lourdes Education Program?
Praxis Core Exam is needed before End of Year 1 IF ACT’s/SAT’S WERE below:
- Reading: ACT 21, or SAT 450
- Writing: ACT 18, or SAT 430
- Math: ACT 22, or SAT 520
*NOTE: New Testing Policy: Starting Spring Semester, 2022: Tiffin University will pay for each student to take an individual test (OAE or Praxis) a total of two times each. Additionally, there is a course students are required to take to assist in passing these exams.
School of Arts & Sciences
- School Overview
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Dual Enrollment Program
- Academic Calendar & Bulletin
- Undergraduate Minors
- Meet the Faculty
- Dragon Education Core
- Education Student Information Center
We’re here for you
155 Miami Street, Tiffin, OH 44883