Tiffin University recognizes that cyber issues permeates nearly every aspect of the public and private sectors. Tiffin University is committed to increasing capacities for cyber security personnel, public awareness, and research throughout the University and the surrounding community. With this in mind, Tiffin University created the Center for Cyber Defense & Forensics to coordinate these activities.
The Center will enhance the cyber capabilities of education, private, and government sectors through collaborative efforts in training, education, research, services, and outreach.
The Center will:
- Provide training, information resources, and research platforms for educational, private, and government sectors.
- Collaborate with foundations, not-for-profits, educational institutions, private and government sectors to develop and fund state-of-art education and training scenarios.
- Enhance Ohio’s cyber defense and forensics workforce by focusing on under-served populations and reintegrating military veterans.
- Serve as an internship clearing house for cyber defense and digital forensic students.
- Provide industry certification opportunities to students, veterans, government, and private sector personnel.
- Perform cyber-related community outreach.
The name of this organization shall be the Center for Cyber Defense & Forensics at Tiffin University. (CCDFTU)
The CCDFTU shall be housed in the School of Criminal Justices and Social Sciences.
The CCDFTU shall be funded through the School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences budget.
The Executive Director is appointed by the President of Tiffin University.
The Executive Director is responsible for the following:
- Liaison local, regional, national, and international organizations with which CCDFTU is affiliated.
- Chair CCDFTU Advisory Board.
- Seek and maintain accreditation, certification, or designations related to cyber security.
- Collaborate with other educational institutions, from K12 through graduate schools.
- Coordinate cyber security course content with other departments within Tiffin University.
The CCDFTU will have an Advisory Board that will guide the efforts of the CCDFTU. The members of the Advisory Board will be appointed by the Executive Director.
|First name||Last name||Company||Position|
|Jim||Blevins||Cooper Tire||Information Security Manager|
|Chris||Boesch||TrustedSec||VP, Sales & Marketing|
|Joe||Greene||American Chemical Society||Chief Information Security Officer|
|Jason||Hood||OnPoint Group||VP of Infrastructure|
|Adam||Luck||IGS Energy||Infrastructure Manager|
|MAJ Kevin||Mamula||Ohio National Guard||Cyber Network Defense Team Lead Ohio National Guard|
|Connie||Matthews||ReynConn Educational Services & Training||CEO|
|Tina||ODell||Juniper Networks||Global Channel Marketing|
|Joshua||Skeens||Cerdant||Director of Engineering|
|Rich||Ullom||Western Reserve Group||Assistant Vice President, IT Security and Compliance|
- The membership of the CCDFTU will be comprised of qualified faculty and staff.
- Members will serve on a volunteer basis and shall be approved by the Executive Director.
- Membership responsibilities include:
- working toward the mission of CCDFTU
- incorporating cybersecurity content into courses whenever appropriate
- participating in CCDFTU events when possible
- contributing to the success and promotion of the CCDFTU
- attending any CCDFTU meetings as called by the Executive Director
CCDFTU will make use of classroom and computational resources made available through the School of Business and the School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences.
CCDFTU will maintain a website that houses information about the current efforts, degree programs, this charter, and other information deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Amendments must be brought to the Executive Director, who will present them to the Advisory Board.
- Amendments must be approved by the members of the Advisory Board.
School of Criminal Justice & Social Sciences
- School Overview
- Undergraduate Programs
- Contemporary Justice
- Criminal Behavior
- Digital Forensics
- Forensic Psychology
- Government & National Security
- Homeland Security and Terrorism
- Justice Administration
- Law Enforcement
- Psychology – Addictions Counseling
- Psychology – Cross-Cultural & International
- Psychology – Human Services
- Graduate Programs
- Center for Justice and Social & Behavioral Research
- Center for Cyber Defense & Forensics
- Dual Enrollment Program
- Academic Calendar & Bulletin
- Undergraduate Minors
- Meet the Faculty
- Dragon Education Core
Scott Blough, CISSP