Alumni Directory Project
Important Tiffin University Directory Project Underway…
Staying connected to our alumni is very important to us. Tiffin University is launching an alumni data verification project in late-April. To make this a successful project, we are partnering with a nationally recognized publishing firm, Publishing Concepts (PCI), to help us reach out to alumni near and far.
Starting this month, you will receive communication from Publishing Concepts, letting you know how to participate in the project and update your educational, professional and contact information. The last Tiffin University alumni directory was published over five years ago, and we look forward to completing this project by April 2021.
We understand security and privacy are concerns, but please know that PCI is a trusted partner of Tiffin University.
Up-to-date information is vital for us to connect alumni with former classmates and friends, and we want to be sure that you receive the latest news and invitations to our events.
Vickie Wilkins '09/'11
Director of Alumni Relations
Frequently Asked Questions by Alumni
- I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Tiffin University. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Tiffin University to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
- Does Tiffin University benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – Allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – Preserves the history of our school
- Revenue – Generate non-dues revenue for alumni programs
- Pride – Wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
- How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Tiffin University has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
- The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Tiffin University for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
- The Directory will be made available only to alumni of Tiffin University. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Tiffin University any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Tiffin University or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
- I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Tiffin University project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for the Tiffin University alumni is 855.389.6971.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1.800.982.1590.
- Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Tiffin University Alumni Directory is available for sale only to Tiffin University alumni.
- When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in April 2020, the directories will be distributed in April 2021.
- Can I choose some or all of my information not to print in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk at 1.800.982.1590 or to the Alumni Association directly.
- I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1.800.982.1590 and they will take care of this for you.