Choose Ohio First Grant
The Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program is a state-funded program aimed at providing scholarships and educational opportunities for students in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM). The State of Ohio recognizes that a workforce trained in these areas is essential for strengthening our economy.
Students who choose to study one of the following programs may qualify for the Choose Ohio First Grant
- Computer Science - Network and Systems Administration
- Computer Science - Software Development
- Digital Media and Design
- Science with Licensure in Middle School Education
- Healthcare Administration
- Exercise Science
- Psychology - Addictions Counseling
- Applied Health Science/Nursing
- Supply Chain Management
Scholarship awards range from $1,500 to $4,000 per student, per academic year. The actual amount awarded is based on financial need. Scholarships may be awarded even if a student is already receiving scholarship support from other programs (academic, athletics, Tiffin Arts, etc.) The Choose Ohio First Scholarship is renewable, contingent on continued eligibility and state funding.
Choose Ohio First scholars are provided various forms of support and enrichment as they work towards completing their undergraduate degree. A faculty advisor is assigned to lead each cohort and will serve as a mentor for scholars. Engagement offerings vary by track, but may include advising, tutoring, peer mentoring, support for undergraduate research and exposure to community service opportunities. There are also social activities to strengthen the cohort connection.
- Must be an entering first-year student
- Be a full-time student
- Be a U.S. and Ohio resident and have graduated from an Ohio high school
- Must be enrolled in approved STEMM programs through Tiffin University
- Must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.ed.gov
- Apply for admission and be admitted to Tiffin University at tiffin.edu/apply
Students who wish to renew their awards in subsequent years will be selected based on their continued academic progress, determined by a minimum GPA and earned credit hours per semester, as well as involvement with all program-specific on- and off-campus co-curricular activities. Students must maintain enrollment in the approved STEMM program.
The Choose Ohio First grants are contingent upon the funds received by the state of Ohio. https://www.ohiohighered.org/cof