Graduation Day Pointers
Tomorrow is the day! At 2 p.m., we will be posting the 2020 Commencement Ceremony. You have worked so hard and done so much during your time with Tiffin University, we are honored to be a part of your story.
Although tomorrow is not the graduation you have dreamt about, we want to share a few pointers of how to make the best of the 2020 virtual commencement ceremony:
- Let everyone you know that you are graduating. Check out our social media toolkit at tiffin.edu/toolkit for some celebratory ways to do just that.
- Try out our customized TU graduation filters with your Snapchat account.
- Frame your face with our customized digital profile picture frames.
- Download Class of 2020 mobile wallpapers to your phone.
- While Zooming with friends, family, in meetings and even in interviews, be sure to download a virtual Zoom background to show your Dragon Pride.
- Share your graduation celebrations with us. Take photos of your at-home celebrations. Take videos. Wear your cap and gown to watch the commencement ceremony. This is your day. And this is historic - you are a part of the 2020 virtual commencement story.
- Get social. Use #TUgrad #InThisTUgether #TiffinUniversity in your celebratory social posts. We will host a running social wall at tiffin.edu/commencement so you can see how your classmates are celebrating, too.
- Check out the virtual congratulations! If anyone knows just how proud you are to be graduating from TU, it’s our alumni and friends. They wouldn’t dream of missing this opportunity to tell you how proud they are of your achievements. So many came together to create a video for YOU. So, take the time to enjoy it - and soak in their fawning over you.
- Log on to tiffin.edu/commencement May 2 at 2 p.m. Our team has put together a playlist especially for graduates, featuring messages from the Board of Trustees President, TU Provost, President and Alumni Association President. We’ve compiled a photo and drone montage of previous commencement ceremonies, as well as significant campus events that our graduates have experienced during their time with us. The commencement will be divided into three videos, by school. The virtual program will be divided by schools - School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences. All candidate names will be read in alpha order, beginning with the bachelor degree students. Graduate students will follow, also in alpha order. The ceremony will be viewable any time after May 2 on YouTube.
- Tell your friends. A list of graduates will be published on TU’s website at tiffin.edu/commencement.
- We will tell your friends, too. An announcement of your graduation will be sent to your hometown newspaper OR the newspapers closest to your hometown. We cannot guarantee when it will be printed.
- For your wall. Your diplomas and diploma cover, along with a keepsake commencement program will be mailed to your residence within 6-8 weeks. Academic Honors students will also receive a separate mailing from the Office of the Provost.
As a graduate of the Class of 2020, you have so much to be proud of. We are so proud of you and honored to be a part of your day. Congratulations!