That is one of the most common questions asked by incoming and current students. Although there is not one specific, easy answer, TU’s Information Technology Services (ITS) Office offers you these guidelines to help you with that decision.
1) Your computer should have the following:
- Operating System (OS): Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
- Intel iCore processors or above
- 8GB RAM
- 150 GB Harddrive
- 802.11g/n Wireless
Most computers already come pre-installed with the network card in both PC's and laptops. Make sure to check your machine before you purchase one.
Please note Online Students may also require the following:
- Webcam and Microphone
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Recommended web browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari
- Internet Explorer is not a recommended browser at this time
2) ITS recommends the following types of computers:
- Dell - our university has an ongoing partnership with Dell that can save you money
- Apple - they offer special education pricing
3) We recommend you have productivity software such as...
- Microsoft Office 365
- All current TU students, faculty, and staff have free access to Microsoft Office 365 through Tiffin University and our Microsoft Volume License.
- To set up your account use the link below and enter your Tiffin University email address. The site will verify your email by sending you a code which you must enter to gain access; after that it will walk you through the installation process.
- This will allow you to install office on up to 5 devices at a time. This is for use with personal computers only.
- Sign up for Microsoft Office 365
- Tiffin University does not administer Microsoft 365 accounts, please contact Microsoft support for any issues with installation.