Specific implementation plans for each organization, class, ensemble and space are to be updated regularly as needed and kept for reference by the Managing Director of Arts Programs.
Requirements for All Circumstances
- Students will be required to show written proof of vaccination to the Managing Director of Arts Programs prior to the start of rehearsals or meetings.
- Students not fully vaccinated are required to wear a facial covering, engage in social distancing and regular hand washing, and follow other requirements below.
- Students are required to wear a facial covering in any vehicle when travel is required.
Performing Arts Lab (PAL)
- Students who are not fully vaccinated must:
- Wear a mask at all times except when specifically instructed by the director or instructor.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after each activity in the PAL.
- Practice social distancing protocol of at least six feet or more as required by specific activities.
- Be limited to assigned practice rooms, and follow sanitizing protocol for those rooms.
- All individuals, groups or ensembles must follow room reservation schedules posted on each room’s door.
- For activities that include unvaccinated individuals,
- A buffer period is to be maintained between room activities to allow for air to settle, surfaces to be disinfected and for floors to be cleaned.
- Rehearsal length may be limited, as determined by faculty/staff
Practice & Rehearsal Rooms
- Piano keyboards, drum sets, amplifiers, instruments, computer keyboards and mouse devices, and other equipment must be sanitized before and after each use.
- Students who are not fully vaccinated are to be limited to assigned practice rooms, must sign up for use, and follow sanitizing protocol for those rooms.
- Unvaccinated students will be asked to help ensure that a 30-minute buffer time is maintained after they have been using a practice or small rehearsal space.
- Vaccinated students must still maintain only one person per practice room at all times.
- Rehearsal rooms may be required to have limited capacity if unvaccinated individuals are present. These rooms are available by sign-up only and only when not in use for private lessons or rehearsals. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for room availability.
Music, Dance & Theatre Rehearsals
- Unvaccinated students must follow mask, social distancing and facility sanitation requirements as determined by results of the NFHS Performing Arts Organizations Coalition Study.
- Unvaccinated students may be required to complete regular COVID testing in order to participate in extracurricular Music, Dance & Theatre ensembles.
- Rehearsal rooms may be required to have a more limited capacity if unvaccinated individuals are present. Specific room capacity limitations for each rehearsal and class will be set by faculty & staff.
- Groups including unvaccinated students may be limited in the amount of rehearsal time.
- Pianos should be sanitized before and after use.
- Only the director and pianist are allowed to touch the piano. The cover will be used when the piano is not in use.
- Microphone sanitization regimens will be required.
- Audience size and configuration will be determined based upon specific circumstances and the involvement of, or attendance by, unvaccinated individuals, following NFHS recommendations and other guidelines.
- Microphone and equipment sanitization regimens will be required.
- Length of session and room capacities may be limited if unvaccinated students are involved.
Keyboard & Production Lab
- The lab may be required to have a more limited capacity if unvaccinated individuals are present. Specific room capacity limitations for each rehearsal and class will be set by faculty & staff.
- Students must provide their own headphones for lab use.
- Piano keyboards, computer keyboards and mouse devices must be sanitized before and after each use.
Media & Concert Production Teams
- All equipment will be wiped down and sanitized before and after each use.
Private Music Instruction
- Lesson times may be limited for unvaccinated students as determined by results of the NFHS Performing Arts Organizations Coalition Study.
- Facility downtime may be required after lessons with unvaccinated students.
- Masking, social distancing and equipment sanitizing may be required, as determined by the instructor.
- Masking, social distancing and equipment sanitizing may be required, as determined by the advisor.
COVID-19 Risk Management Planning for DMD Lab Studio
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you are required to wear a facial covering.
COVID-19 Risk Management Planning for Art Studios
- Students will be issued art supplies on the first day of the studio course and be required to bring appropriate supplies to all classes. This will help protect against cross contaminating general supplies. Students will be responsible to keep these art supplies in their possession. Individual art supplies are not to be shared with fellow classmates. Disinfectants will be provided for students to maintain these art supplies.
- A facial covering is required indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Coronavirus Update
- The Dragon Plan: Tiffin University’s plan for 2021-22
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding for Students
- Student Emergency Fund
- Student Information
- Letter to Parents and Guardians
- Faculty Information
- Staff Information
- Alumni & Friends Information
- Plan to Respond to the Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Reporting
We’re here for you!
155 Miami St.
Tiffin, OH 44883