Chapter Forms

If you fall under Chapters 30, 33, 35, 1606, or 1607, read below to learn what paperwork you need in order to file your claim. For further information on your Chapter Benefits and on eligibility requirements, please contact the VA at 1-888-442-4551 or visit their website

If you have never applied for education benefits from the VA you will need to:

  • Apply online by using the Veterans On-Line Application (VA Form 22-1990)
  • After you apply to the VA you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility. You must submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility to Tiffin University’s Office of Veteran & Military Services in order for the Certifying Official to send enrollment forms to the VA.
  • You must be registered for classes for that semester and inform Tiffin University’s Certifying Official, Denise Burkin, that you are registered for classes each semester.

If you are eligible for VA benefits and are a transferring student, or have changed your major since the last semester in which you received benefits, you will need to complete:

If you are a returning Tiffin University student that has previously received your VA benefits and have not changed your major, you will need:

  • To be registered for classes for that semester and inform the Certifying Official, Denise Burkin at 419-448-3340 or email at, when you are registered.
  • The Certifying Official must be informed each semester that you are registered for classes.

**Note: If you make any changes to your schedule (add or drop classes) you must notify the Certifying Official, Denise Burkin, immediately at 419-448-3340 or email at