Emergency Notification Sign up
Tiffin University has partnered with Rave Mobile Safety to provide you with TU Alert, an emergency alert system capable of delivering messages to your campus and personal email addresses as well as your mobile and home phone number.
We have registered all TU students, faculty, and staff in the TU Alert at no additional expense to you. You will not receive unsolicited advertising via this system; it is used only for official EMERGENCY communications from Tiffin University.
If you have your mobile and/or home telephone number in Self Service, you will be notified of EMERGENCY information, including inclement weather advisories, via text messaging, voice message and email. If no mobile and/or home number is provided, these notifications will only be sent via email. Note: your cellular phone provider may charge a per-text message fee for the delivery of notifications to your phone.
For the safety of all, we encourage you to visit the Rave Mobile site to confirm your contact information and choose your notification preferences in TU Alert. This will ensure that you receive critical emergency notifications as soon as the University sends them.
Steps to manage your contact information for Rave Mobile:
1) Log into Self-Service with your TU username and password
2) Click the "My Profile" tab
3) Click "Emergency Alert System" link
Once in the Rave system, you will be able to change your telephone numbers, or add additional ones. You will also be able to add additional email address that you may want notifications to be sent to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can sign up for the Tiffin University Emergency Notification System?
- The service is available for Tiffin University students, their parents, and university employees.
Will my cell phone number be kept confidential?
- Yes, your cell phone numbers are not shared or sold to any other systems or services.
When will I receive alerts from this service?
- Alerts are sent out only during Emergency Situations, Severe Weather Advisories, School Closings, and Major Event Cancellations. The University will send a test of the notification system once a semester to ensure that the system is working. An all-campus email will be sent out prior to the test so students, faculty, and staff will know when to expect it.
What other methods will the University take to communicate to campus during an emergency?
- The Emergency Notification System will be used every time there is an emergency on campus. In addition, an all-campus email will be sent out to alert the campus community of an emergency.
What do I need and how much does it cost?
- You need a cell phone with text messaging capabilities and there is no charge to users for signing up. Individual cell phone plans will apply normal charges for the text message.
Contact the Director of Campus Security 419-448-5137 or firstname.lastname@example.org