Campus Safety and Security
Tiffin University Campus Safety and Security is a support service which operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to ensure the safety of all students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors. As a part of Student Affairs, our department is primary student run with 25 Security Officers, 2 Sergeants, a part time Graduate Assistant, and a full-time Director of Campus Safety and Security.
Office hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Patrol hours: 24/7
Location: Gillmor Student Center
Office Number: 419.448.3303.
24/7 Hour Duty Phone: 419.934.0721
Tiffin University Campus Safety and Security, acting as problem-solvers and crime preventers, provides a safe and secure environment for all members of the Tiffin University community, including students, faculty, staff and campus visitors. The mission of Tiffin University Campus Safety and Security is to enhance the quality of life at TU, which is conducive to learning while building collaborative community partnerships based on inclusivity, mutual respect, dignity and trust.
Bee-Safe Security Partnership
Tiffin University is proud to partner with Bee-Safe for our campus safety and security needs.
Information on Bee-Safe
“Bee-Safe serves with PRIDE. We promote and create safer environments for everyone. Our professionals, through collaborated efforts and partnerships, go beyond protecting life and property when answering the call to service; “WHEN PROTECTION MATTERS”
You can rely on our team serving with Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Duty, and Excellence (PRIDE).”
What is SafeWalk?
The SafeWalk Program is designed to provide walking accompaniment for Tiffin University students, staff, faculty and visitors who may feel unsafe walking alone on campus at night to and from any University building, parking lot or residence hall.
SafeWalk services are available 24/7.
How does the SafeWalk Program Work?
You will be asked your name, telephone number, your location, and your intended destination, a member of Tiffin University Campus Safety and Security will come to help escort you to your destination safely.
How Do I Request a Service?
Please call or text 419-934-0721 to request a SafeWalk service. Video escorts are also available through the WhatsApp application.
Campus Safety and Security offers free vehicle jump starts for vehicles on campus.
Campus Safety and Security offers free vehicle unlock services for vehicles on campus. A waiver releasing the University from liability must be completed.
Residence Hall Lock Outs
If you have locked yourself out of your University housing, please contact Campus Safety and Security and we can assist you.
Lost and Found
The Campus Safety and Security office is the main location for the University lost and found. Please check our office if you have misplaced an item or have found a lost item on campus.
Campus Safety and Security can assist you in reviewing video surveillance for university incidents upon completion of a form.
- Enforce Tiffin University policies and regulations
- Secure campus buildings and facilities
- Respond to calls of service on campus
- Respond to any emergency on campus
- Enforce campus parking regulations
- Provide student and faculty/staff escorts on campus
- Report and respond to campus maintenance situations
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for the campus community
- Fairness, dignity and respect: We treat people equally and honor each person with fairness, dignity, and respect
- Accountability: We are accountable for our decisions, actions, and omissions.
- Community: To promote our partnership with the TU campus community in an inclusive and open environment
- Selflessness: We act in the interest of the TU community and the common good.
- Integrity: To embrace a culture of honesty and strong moral principles.
Stay Safe Tips
- Program your phone with Campus Security’s number
- Do not opt out of the Tiffin University Alert System (RAVE)
- Call for an Escort when walking alone at night or anytime you feel uncomfortable.
- Know your surroundings
- Report anything you deem suspicious
- Remove yourself from unsafe conditions and report them
When in any public place, keep these general safety tips in mind.
- Alcohol and other drugs can impair your perceptions and decision-making. Do not place yourself in a vulnerable position by being intoxicated or under the influence of other drugs.
- Travel in groups late at night. Often, there is safety in numbers. If you are going to separate from your group, tell someone when you will return. Take a cell phone.
- If you feel threatened, cross the street or enter a store or business.
- Have your keys in hand as you approach your car. Check under the car and the back seat before you enter.
- Stash valuables in your trunk.
- If you do drink, set a limit and stick to it. Don’t drink on an empty stomach. Also: Don’t leave a drink unattended. If you are away from your drink any amount of time, toss it. It’s not worth the risk.
Out and about:
- Use the Safewalk program. Patrol members will escort students between campus locations during patrol hours.
- If you feel threatened or if you want to report something suspicious, report it to Campus Security.
- Program the University’s Campus Security into your cell phone: 419-934-0721. Or call 9-1-1.
- Notify the Campus Security if you notice anything suspicious or unusual.
In the residence halls:
- Always lock your door; even when you’re sleeping or just going down the hall.
- Do not allow strangers to enter your room or your complex. Do not open your door unless you can identify the person seeking entry.
- Do not prop any exterior doors open to allow unescorted visitors into the residence hall.
- Report lost or stolen residence hall keys immediately to your residence hall staff.
- Report any malfunctioning locks, doors or windows to your residence life staff.
- Do not leave your keys lying around in your room when you are not in the room.
- Do not leave messages on your door about when you will be returning to your room.
- End of the term? Load your car up just before you leave rather than the night before. You never want valuables be in plain view in your vehicle.
- Don’t answer the door in the middle of the night unless you are expecting someone. Ask your landlord to install a peephole in your front door.
- If you are leaving home, leave on a light or a radio or a TV to make it appear as if someone is home.
- Lock doors and windows. Ask your landlord to install a deadbolt, if one is not present.
- Let the police department know if a streetlight is out.
Important Phone Numbers
|Tiffin University Numbers|
|On/ Off Campus Emergency Numbers||911|
|Campus Safety and Security||419.934.0721|
|Tiffin Police Department||419.447.2323|
|Seneca County Sheriff’s Department||419.447.3456|
|Firelands Crisis Hotline||1.800.826.1306 or text 741.741|
Campus Safety and Security
We’re Here for You!
- Office hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Patrol hours: 24/7
- Location: Gillmor Student Center
- Office Number: 419.448.3303
- 24/7 Hour Duty Phone: 419.934.0721
- Email: email@example.com