FAFSA Step-by-Step Guide
How to Pay for College
Complete the steps below to apply for financial aid. We recommend that you complete these steps as soon as possible to ensure you are ready to begin classes.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) starts the financial aid process. The Department of Education uses the data on the FAFSA form you submit to determine need and eligibility for federal financial aid. Regardless of family income, all students are strongly encouraged to apply for financial aid by filling out the FAFSA. You will need your most recent Federal Tax Return and Tiffin University’s School Code (003121).
Note: Graduate students are considered independent for financial aid purposes.
Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy
You will receive this report 7-10 days after the FAFSA is submitted. If there are any errors on your SAR, log back into your FAFSA to make corrections.
You will receive your financial aid award letter from Tiffin University
The award letter lists the financial aid that you qualify for. You will have to decline or accept the award. Be sure to contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions about your award.
Complete Loan Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note
All federal loan borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling. Both can be completed on the FAFSA site at the links above.
Federal Loan Requirements
To be eligible to borrow funds under the Federal Direct Loan Program, you must:
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen
- Not be in default or overpayment on prior educational loans
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Complete all required financial aid documents on time
- Tuition & Fees
- FAFSA Step-by-Step Guide
- Scholarships by Student Type
- Financial Aid Downloadable Forms
- Financial Aid Credit Hour Application
- Financial Aid Resources
- Financial Aid Calculators
- Student Loans
- Federal Loan Repayment
- Choose Ohio First Grant
- Meet the Staff & Office Hours
We’re here for you!
Office of Financial Aid
155 Miami Street
Tiffin, OH 44883
Learn More About TU
- TU to Host Terra State Students for DragonNext Event
- Free but Still Fighting – Dean Gillispie Visits Tiffin University
- Tiffin University Offers Special Ticket Package for Cleveland Guardians Game
- TU’s Ohio Innocence Project Chapter to Host Richard Horton, Janette Horton and Pierce Reed
- TU Takes on Tennessee – Alternative Spring Break 2023