Tiffin University celebrated its 133rd annual commencement with two, in-person ceremonies on Saturday, May 1.
TU’s graduation adhered to updated COVID-19 guidelines, with a socially distanced, downsized ceremony. Other precautions include universal mask-wearing, physical distancing and limited faculty and staff. In-person attendance was limited to graduates and two family members only, with additional family and friends invited to join the celebration virtually. Students and guests were encouraged to get the COVID-19 vaccine before commencement.
To order ceremony photos from Lifetouch, go to events.lifetouch.com/tiffin
View the 2021 undergraduate ceremony
View the 2021 graduate ceremony
Class of 2021 stats
696 – Graduating students
1 - Graduates receiving their associate's degrees
345 – Graduates receiving their bachelor’s degrees
350 – Graduates receiving their master’s degrees
137 – Graduates receiving their master’s degrees with distinction (4.0 G.P.A.)
184 – Graduates receiving their bachelor’s degrees with honors (3.5 G.P.A.)
25 – Washington D.C. and U.S. states represented
13 – Different countries represented
For a complete list of graduates, see below.
Ways You Can Celebrate:
- Let everyone know you are graduating. Check out our social media toolkit for some celebratory ways to do just that.
- Try out our customized TU graduation filters with your Snapchat account.
- Frame your face with our customized digital profile picture frames.
- Download Class of 2021 mobile wallpapers to your phone.
- While Zooming with friends, family, in meetings and even in interviews, be sure to download a virtual Zoom background to show your Dragon Pride.
- Share your graduation celebrations with us. Take photos of your at-home celebrations. Take videos. Wear your cap and gown to watch the commencement ceremony. This is your day. And this is historic - you are a part of the 2021 virtual commencement story.
- Get social. Use #TUgrad #InThisTUgether #TiffinUniversity in your celebratory social posts to be included in our social wall.
- Check out the virtual congratulations. If anyone knows just how proud you are to be graduating from TU, it’s our alumni and friends. They wouldn’t dream of missing this opportunity to tell you how proud they are of your achievements. So many came together to create a video for YOU. So, take the time to enjoy it - and soak in their fawning over you.
- Watch the virtual Commencement Ceremony. We’ve compiled a photo and drone montage of previous commencement ceremonies, as well as significant campus events that our graduates have experienced during their time with us. The commencement will be divided into three videos, by school. The virtual program will be divided by schools - School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences. All candidate names will be read in alpha order, beginning with the bachelor degree students. Graduate students will follow, also in alpha order. The ceremony will be viewable any time after May 2 on YouTube.
- Tell your friends. A list of graduates will be published on TU’s website and social media.
Use #TUgrad #InThisTUgether #TiffinUniversity in your celebratory social media posts to be included in our social wall.