SAVE THE DATE
Commencement Ceremonies: Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Tiffin University will celebrate its 133rd annual commencement with an in-person ceremony. We are pleased to announce that limited guests will be able to attend the commencement ceremony.
Each graduate may bring two guests to the in-person ceremony. Any additional guests are invited to join the celebration virtually.
Graduates - Please, take note:
- There will be two ceremonies: one for graduate studies at 10 a.m. and one for undergraduate studies at 2 p.m. Both will be at the Heminger Center.
- The graduate studies check-in will be in the Gillmor Student Center starting at 9 a.m.
- The undergraduate studies check-in will be in the Gillmor Student Center starting at 1 p.m.
- Tickets for guests will be available on Monday, April 12 at 8 a.m. via the website. Students will receive their ticket passcode (their RSVP information) before Monday, through their tiffin.edu email.
- Guest/family tickets are limited to two per graduate.
- Once tickets have been ordered, graduates will be provided TU's safety guidelines, already in place.
- In case of inclement weather, a decision will be made Friday, April 30th, and information will be emailed to students.
Adhering to updated COVID-19 guidelines, TU will move forward with a socially distanced, downsized ceremony. Other precautions include universal mask-wearing, physical distancing and limited faculty and staff. In-person attendance will be limited to graduates and two family members only, with additional family and friends invited to join the celebration virtually. Students and guests are encouraged to get the COVID-19 vaccine before commencement.
More information will be sent to students, faculty and staff as soon as plans are finalized.
Below are some additional tasks and information to be aware of:
- Order your cap and gown
- Visit https://collegegrad.herffjones.com
- Caps and Gowns can be ordered to be picked up in the Tiffin University Bookstore NO later than March 15
- Cap and Gowns can be picked up in the Bookstore beginning on April 19
- Cap and Gowns can be sent to your home for an additional cost and must be ordered no later than April 6
- Visit: tiffin.edu/commencement for ALL Commencement details. Send this link to your family and guests!
- Complete Exit Counseling at studentaid.gov
- Enjoy your last semester (or two) at TU!
Ways to Celebrate
- Let everyone know you are graduating. Check out our social media toolkit for some celebratory ways to do just that.
- Try out our customized TU graduation filters with your Snapchat account.
- Frame your face with our customized digital profile picture frames.
- Download Class of 2021 mobile wallpapers to your phone.
- While Zooming with friends, family, in meetings and even in interviews, be sure to download a virtual Zoom background to show your Dragon Pride.
- Share your graduation celebrations with us. Take photos of your at-home celebrations. Take videos. Wear your cap and gown to watch the commencement ceremony. This is your day. And this is historic - you are a part of the 2021 virtual commencement story.
- Get social. Use #TUgrad #InThisTUgether #TiffinUniversity in your celebratory social posts to be included in our social wall.
- Check out the virtual congratulations. If anyone knows just how proud you are to be graduating from TU, it’s our alumni and friends. They wouldn’t dream of missing this opportunity to tell you how proud they are of your achievements. So many came together to create a video for YOU. So, take the time to enjoy it - and soak in their fawning over you.
- Watch the virtual Commencement Ceremony. We’ve compiled a photo and drone montage of previous commencement ceremonies, as well as significant campus events that our graduates have experienced during their time with us. The commencement will be divided into three videos, by school. The virtual program will be divided by schools - School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences. All candidate names will be read in alpha order, beginning with the bachelor degree students. Graduate students will follow, also in alpha order. The ceremony will be viewable any time after May 2 on YouTube.
- Tell your friends. A list of graduates will be published on TU’s website and social media.
Class of 2021 stats
696 – Graduating students
1 - Graduates receiving their associate's degrees
345 – Graduates receiving their bachelor’s degrees
350 – Graduates receiving their master’s degrees
137 – Graduates receiving their master’s degrees with distinction (4.0 G.P.A.)
184 – Graduates receiving their bachelor’s degrees with honors (3.5 G.P.A.)
25 – Washington D.C. and U.S. states represented
13 – Different countries represented
Use #TUgrad #InThisTUgether #TiffinUniversity in your celebratory social media posts to be included in our social wall.