Tiffin University alumni, friends and donors joined forces to make a difference in TU’s future by donating over $153,000 during its third annual Giving Day on Wednesday, September 15. There was a total of 792 gifts.
Dr. Lillian Schumacher, Tiffin University President, said “The funds raised this year are the building blocks for our students’ futures. We asked the TU community for their participation, and they came through in record-breaking numbers.”
The day included five large-scale matching gifts totaling $31,500, social media challenges and events at Tiffin’s Chipotle and XCaret Mexican Restaurant.
Proceeds from Giving Day will support TU in the following ways:
- Scholarships and Financial Aid – Approximately 90% of TU students receive Financial Aid.
- Athletics – New equipment and apparel, travel funds, facility upgrades and funds for competitions.
- Student Life – Student stipends for internships, study abroad programs, student programming and campus speakers.
- Academic Life – Library acquisitions and computer lab and science lab equipment.
- Technology – Alumni and student access to library databases, classroom and laboratory renovation and computer equipment.
- Faculty – Recruiting, retention, research, teaching and mentoring.
- Campus Beautification – Maintenance and improvements to facilities and grounds.
- Institutional Development – Establishing and maintaining partnerships to advance the University’s mission.
“We are so grateful to the Tiffin University community for coming together in raising so much, especially during such turbulent times. Our donors are truly transforming the lives of our students through their gifts,” said Mikki King, Director of Annual Giving.