Nine standout Tiffin University professors were recognized at the annual faculty awards dinner last month. Honors were given to those who went above and beyond in key areas of their work. Award descriptions and recipients are as follows:
- Excellence in Teaching Award: Recognizes outstanding teaching and interaction in the learning process. Presented to Dr. James Gucker, Assistant Professor of Business Law.
- Excellence in Scholarship Award: Acknowledges field contributions and commitment to scholarship. Presented to Dr. Matthew McCabe, Assistant Professor of Exercise Science.
- Service to the Campus Award: Recognizes dedication to campus engagement. Presented to Dr. Victoria Ingalls, Professor of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
- Service to the Community Award: Acknowledges commitment to internal and external TU constituents. Presented to Professor Corri Miller, Assistant Professor of Human Resource Management and Professor Rebecca Abraham, Assistant Professor of Human Resource Management.
- Excellence in Faculty Mentoring Award: Recognizes those who have made significant contributions through mentoring faculty. Presented to Dr. Mark Sabo, Professor of Forensic Science and Chemistry.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Distinguished Leadership Award: Given to an individual committed to developing a culturally diverse, caring university community reflective of inclusive excellence. Presented to Dr. Erin Dean, Professor of Psychology and Counseling and Assistant Dean for the School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences.
- Provost’s Award: Acknowledges an individual’s exemplary contribution as a TU full-time faculty member. Presented to Dr. John Schupp, Assistant Professor of Chemistry.
This year, an eighth recognition – the Excellence in Online Teaching Award – was added, with Dr. Isabelle Tardif, Adjunct Professor of Natural Science, being the inaugural recipient. The award acknowledges exceptional instruction through TU’s online programs.
“I am incredibly proud of these individuals, as well as every esteemed member of our wonderful institution’s faculty,” said Dr. Peter J. Holbrook, Provost and Chief Academic Officer. “Their unwavering commitment to academic brilliance and integrity has drastically improved the quality of education we offer, and it is my distinct honor and pleasure to help lead such a robust group.”