Tiffin University’s School of Business will host its tenth annual Summit to Success on Wednesday, March 23. Coordinated by TU’s Business Club, the Summit will take place in the Marion Center from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Registration will begin at 8 a.m.
Bruce Boguski, author, motivational speaker, columnist and media personality known for his ability to inspire others to do the impossible, will kick off the event at 8:30 a.m. Boguski holds a B.S. degree in business and education from Bowling Green State University and is the president of the Winner’s Edge, a peak performance consulting firm in Findlay, Ohio.
Breakout sessions will follow. Speakers include:
· David Kent, Auto Owners Insurance, Marketing Representative
· Jay McCabe, Auto Owners Insurance, Regional Claims Manager
· Alexa Barker, Vera Bradley, Product Designer
· Olivia Brooks ’13, Webster Industries, Controller
· Kristen Robinson ’09, ’12, Marathon Petroleum, Senior Accounting Analyst
· Joe Lofton, Pittsburgh Steelers, Youth Football Coordinator
· Susan Treece ’87, ’94, Findlay Brewing, Co-Owner/Entrepreneur
· Cindy Osting, Cooper Tire, Senior HR Business Partner
· Elizabeth Slough, Cooper Tire, Specialist, Mold Operations/HR
· Darin Lewis, Mickey Thompson, Human Resources Engagement Specialist
· Kevin Lewis, Stellantis (FCAT Fiat Chrysler Automobiles), FCAT Toledo Terminal Manager
· Nancy Meyer, Marathon Petroleum, IT Supervisor/Solution Delivery Lead, Procure to Pay
· Lori Williams, Marathon Petroleum, Project Manager for IT Infrastructure & Enterprise Services
· Bryce Riggs, Executive Director of the Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce and Destination Seneca County
The keynote luncheon, presented by TU Board of Trustees member Chris Deal, will begin at 12:30 p.m. and conclude at 1:30 p.m. Deal is a 1995 TU alum and is the Vice President of Global Talent Acquisition and Delivery at a global consulting organization.
Lunch will be provided and door prizes will be given. The public is invited to attend the Summit. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Chris Deal
Originally from Saginaw, Michigan, Chris Deal, TU class of 1995, earned a B.S. in Business Administration and three All-American titles as a Dragon on the football field. After graduation, Deal began his professional career as a recruiter with the company Allegis Group, a talent management firm, in Cleveland, Ohio. In his 21 years with Allegis, Deal made a number of geographical moves while moving up in the company, from Account Executive to Sales Manager to Executive Director of Business Operations in Boston, Massachusetts. After 21 years with Allegis Group leading and managing sales, recruiters and technical consultants, Deal retired in 2016. In 2017, Deal returned to the workforce when asked to help a major U.S. retail corporation implement a human capital and contingent workforce program that would result in the implementation of AI (artificial intelligence) and ML (machine learning) to source and screen viable candidates that could be hired globally. In 2018, he joined a U.S. based multinational computer software technology corporation that is the leader in Voice Recognition. In March of 2020, Chris joined Strategic Systems, a global IT Consulting organization, as the Vice President of Global Talent Acquisition and Delivery. Deal’s role has been to unify its global reach and services while identifying new ways that human capital can be obtained and delivered. He is also involved with aligning global strategic partnerships specifically within the Asia Pac and EMEA Regions.
Chris currently resides in Georgetown, South Carolina with his wife, Jen, and daughter, Hannah who is a sophomore at Coastal Carolina University studying occupational therapy. Chris enjoys golfing, traveling, volunteering and coaching youth sports.