The Center for Tiffin University and Dragon Core Curriculum
about the center
The Center for Tiffin University and Dragon Education Core Curriculum is home to the general education core of the University. The Tiffin University Core Curriculum is the foundation for all academic programs at Tiffin University. Our University’s core courses, taught in small classes and led by expert faculty, will provide you with the critical thinking, writing and communication skills you’ll need to prosper in your major program and beyond.
Tiffin University’s specialized curriculum is focused on global capabilities and career readiness for all undergraduate students.
The Dragon Education Core (DEC) is a series of core classes intentionally designed to foster experiential learning and personal discovery for every student beginning in freshman year and continuing through senior year. The DEC is part of TU’s Core General Education Program that is designed to give students the foundational knowledge, skills and dispositions to be successful not only in college but also in life.
Today’s employers look for culturally attuned individuals with interpersonal skills, life skills and cultural competencies and Tiffin University students will experience an academic curriculum that prepares them for these specialized 21st century competencies. At TU we celebrate CulTUral Uniqueness, (CCU) as this is our response to diversity, equity and inclusion so much so that our core curriculum classes reflect inclusive theory and practice. Our curriculum prepares students to think critically, communicate and engage collaboratively, apply problem-solving skills and solve complex challenges with and for diverse teams. When you graduate, you will have the knowledge, skills and dispositions necessary to work with people from different local and global cultures and backgrounds and this an extremely unique curriculum that you will not find at other colleges or universities.
Through these core classes, we provide workforce-ready advantages for our students that address today’s professional challenges no matter what the organizational type, by infusing them into classroom and laboratory learning. We have collaborated with businesses and professionals to provide hands-on, experiential learning that produces graduates with the technical know-how and interpersonal skills to succeed. These essential skills will prepare you to be an innovative contributor and leader in the workplace.
The Tiffin University Core and DEC is a forward-thinking commitment to:
- Uphold TU’s professionally-focused approach to learning that will help you stand out from others in the workplace.
- Reflect what employers demand in both practical, applicable knowledge and critical life competencies for a career-ready workforce. When you graduate from Tiffin University, you will be career ready with the ability to demonstrate
- Career and self-development
- Critical thinking
- Curiosity and openness to equity and inclusion
- Diplomacy and ethical behavior
- Leadership and emotional intelligence
- Drive applied and experiential learning across a core set of classes, helping students translate learnings to real life.
- Instill a set of global competencies as part TU’s Celebrating Cultural Uniqueness (CCU) so that every student graduates, regardless of field of study, equipped to be an innovative problem solver who can effectively and empathetically navigate culturally unique/diverse individuals and points of view.
- School of Science, Technology and Health
- School of Business
- School of Criminal Justice & Social Sciences
- Creative Arts Institute
- The Center for Tiffin University and Dragon Core Curriculum
- Online & Extended Learning
- Credit for Prior Learning
- Special Programs
- Academic Calendar & Bulletin
- Undergraduate Academic Honors Ceremony
155 Miami St.
Tiffin, OH 44883