Just as what you accomplish inside the classroom will affect your real-world success, so too will your involvement with campus organizations outside of the classroom. Tiffin University has a wide variety of opportunities to choose from, and each of these choices offers you the chance to make a real and lasting impact – not only in your own life, but also in the surrounding community! Below are TU’s clubs and organizations. Get involved – make a difference!
In order for a group to become a University recognized organization, the group must meed the following requirements.
- The group must have a full-time Tiffin University faculty or staff member serve as an advisor.
- The group must have its constitution approved by the Director of Student Activities and Student Government.
- The group must successfully complete a one-semester probation period.
- The group must follow all University procedures and policies.
In order for an individual to participate in a club or organization, they must be currently enrolled at Tiffin University and must be in good academic and social standing with the University.
Recognition of Student Organizations
Existing Student Organizations
In order to maintain its status as a recognized student organization, all organizations are required to complete and submit a copy of the Student Organization Registration Form along with an updated copy of the organization’s constitution within the first two weeks of each academic year. They must hold organized meetings and complete three events each semester.
New Student Organizations
In order for a group to become a University recognized organization, the group must complete the following registration process.
- Meet with the Director of Student Activities.
- Complete a Student Organization Registration Form.
- Develop an organizational constitution. The constitution should include the name of the organization, the organization’s mission statement, officers, advisor, fees if applicable, and membership requirements.
- Submit all paperwork (Registration Form and constitution) to the Director of Student Activities.
- Attend a Student Government meeting in order to present the organization as well as answer any questions about the organization.
- Complete a one-semester probation period. During this probation, the group must complete 2 of the 3 required activities and attend all Student Government meetings.
At the conclusion of the probation period, if all requirements are met, the Director of Student Activities will approach Student Government and request a vote for the organization.
University recognition grants the privileges of using the University facilities and services; the sponsoring of group events, such as social, academic and cultural events, and the right to request funds from the Office of Student Affairs or Student Government.
Recognition of an organization may be refused, or if granted, withdrawn because of: policies or practices adverse to education or the best interests of the University; inactivity; or noncompliance with University regulations.
If an organization’s recognition has been withdrawn, the organization can return to campus but will have to begin the recognition process again.
Active Student Organizations
Academic Organizations allow students to apply skills learned in class to rewarding experiences outside the classroom.
- Accounting and Finance Club (AFC)
- The AFC is established to develop the leadership skills of members, and to share knowledge regarding accounting and finance concepts with the Tiffin University student body, and community at large. Contact AFC firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alpha Phi Sigma (APS) – National Criminal Justice Honor Society
- American Chemical Society
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- The AMA is a professional association for marketing professionals with 250 collegiate chapters across the United States. The tools learned in the AMA will help young marketers and professionals develop interpersonal skills for their future career. AMA competes locally, regionally and nationally at the International American Marketing Association Collegiate Conference. Contact AMA at email@example.com
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- This chapter is organized and will be operated exclusively for educational and scientific purposes and in furtherance thereof. Specific objectives are: To promote an increased knowledge of the science, development, design, construction, language and applications of modern computing machinery; To promote a greater interest in computing machinery and its applications; and To provide a means of communicating between persons having an interest in computing machinery.
- Business Club
- Delta Mu Delta – International Honor Society for Business Administration
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- National Society of Leadership and Success
- Student Research Council (SRC)
- The Dragon Education Guild
- The purpose of this club is to connect education students within the university and in the community through holding events, hosting speakers, mentoring incoming students, continuous communication, and attending professional events.
- Women in Science Society
We offer several clubs that focus on the education and promotion of cultural awareness.
- Black Dragons
- Black Dragons serve to unify all students at Tiffin University by addressing their needs. Seeking to identify relevant issues, whilst initiating appropriate action in order to reduce or eliminate any impediments believed to be adverse to students and their continued well-being and matriculation. This is accomplished by providing educational, cultural and social programs and activities. All programs and activities shall relate to the past, present, and future goals and aspirations of all people. Furthermore, it seeks to provide enriching experiences and assuring continuing development of a progressive environment, which is conducive to all students in their quest to obtain a quality and meaningful education. Contact the Black Dragons at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pride! is an open and welcoming organization that is dedicated to providing support and education regarding the LGBTQ+ community. Pride! at Tiffin University is designed to boast a confidential, fun and supportive environment. Members meet to support and educate each other and plan events for the campus. The organization hosts an annual Drag Show, Coming Out Day, Day of Silence, and co-sponsors AIDS Awareness programs. Contact Pride! at email@example.com
- Student African American Sisterhood of Excellence (SAASE)
- Voicing Our Insight Creating Empowerment (VOICE)
- Circle K International (CKI)
- CKI of Tiffin University serves the local community by (1) Giving and volunteering in the areas of education, earnings and essentials; (2) Helping members and other students grow as leaders and connect to the community; (3) Building lasting relationships amongst members of both Kiwanis Manor and students. CKI work includes • Volunteering: Serve and recruit peers to serve, in meaningful ways that help create lasting change • Give: Fundraise and donate to help address critical issues facing the community. Contact CKI at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delta Sigma Kappa (DSK)
- Dragon Philanthropy Council (DPC)
- DPC is established with the purpose of bringing members of the Tiffin University community together to engage in projects that will make an impact on campus today for tomorrow, by giving their time, talent and treasure to enhance Tiffin University. Contact DPC at email@example.com
- Service Emersion Club
Special Interest Organizations
Special Interest Organizations give students the opportunity to explore their interests or find new ones.
- Blush is established for the purpose of helping students advance mentally and physically to become their best selves. This club will be used as a tool to help our members see someone they want to see when they look in the mirror. This club will strive to have our members feeling good inside and out, by helping them put their best foot forward, through activities and events. Contact Blush at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club & Recreational Sports
- Dragons Den
- The Dragon’s Den is established for the purpose of creating a special interest group for tabletop games and allow players to participate in community run games and to experience new cultures and ways to think creatively. Contact the Dragons Den at email@example.com
- First Generation Dragons
- First Generation Dragons helps to assist in welcoming first-generation college students to Tiffin University, giving them a space to ask questions and receive peer support, and retain these students at Tiffin University for all four years. Contact First Generation Dragons at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fitness Students United (FSU)
- Global Affairs Organization (GAO)
- GAO promotes awareness of international issues and events to the student body at Tiffin University and our community. GAO will work to foster discussions and intelligent debate around international topics, provide an outlet for leadership and personal development and provide the Tiffin University Community different opportunities to learn about various cultures and global issues. Conact GAO at email@example.com
- Kappa Kappa Psi – National Honorary Band Fraternity
- An organization operating exclusively in the ﬁeld of the college and university bands, and for the following several purposes: 1. To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements. 2. To honor outstanding band members through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music. 3. To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste and unswerving loyalty. 4. To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects. 5. To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located. Contact Kappa Kappa Psi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kappa Theta Omega Sorority Interest Group
- Men of Music
- Men of Music exists to work toward the establishment of a chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America at Tiffin University. The group will recruit members by planning events that enrich the life of TU’s campus through music and providing assistance to campus activities relevant to our mission. Contact Men of Music at email@example.com
- National Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health Advocacy (NAMI & MHA)
- NAMI & MHA exists as a student-led organization, under the advisory of a faculty member, which strives to support the individuals on campus suffering from mental health illnesses as well as advocate and educate the students, faculty and staff on mental illnesses. NAMI will also Provide a weekly support group to encourage those suffering to establish ties with campus and community counseling services, educate the campus on these available services, educate the campus on the signs of mental illness, strengthen awareness of the gravity of mental illness, especially among college students, promote detection and intervention of mental health conditions, circumvent the stigma surrounding those with mental illnesses and the treatment thereof and serve as a communicative tool between students with mental illnesses and their professors, coaches, directors, etc. Conctact NAMI & MHA at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ohio Innocence Project (OIP-U)
- It shall be the purpose of OIP-u: Tiffin University Chapter to: a. Prevent wrongful conviction by promoting awareness of its existence on college campuses and to generate student and community support for the Ohio Innocence Project, and its efforts to remedy wrongful convictions. Host events designed to educate college students and the general public about the following topics: wrongful conviction, the causes of wrongful conviction, the plight of the wrongfully convicted, the efforts of the Ohio Innocence Project to prevent and remedy wrongful conviction in Ohio and information related to wrongful conviction.
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
- SAACs is intended to be more parochial in nature, communication among campus and national SAACs offers student-athletes the opportunity to shape the landscape of intercollegiate athletics. Functions of campus SAACs: promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes, disseminate information, provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues, generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies, build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams, solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation, organize community service efforts and create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government). Contact SAAC at email@example.com
- Student Government
- The Tystenac – The award-winning student publication
- Campus Activities Board (CAB)
- Tiffin Hall and House Association (THHA)
- THHA’ s purpose is to advocate for the residential experience. The organization will serve as the forum to share and implement new ideas within our residential community, through programming, governance and innovation. Contact THHA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Life at TU
- Student Support
- Student Engagement
- Student Success & First-Year Experience
- Residence Life
- Office of Student Affairs
- Campus Safety and Security
- Dragon Family Page
Learn More About TU
- Tiffin University to Host Virtual Sport and Fitness Showcase
- Tiffin University Ph.D. Students Complete First International Trip
- A TU Tech Guy – Devon Stock’s Dragon Story
- Follow a Fellow – Kennedy Rorar Prepares to Join TU’s Cold Case Fellowship Program
- Tiffin University’s Student-Athletes Active in Seneca County Community