COVID-19 UPDATE: Tiffin University cancels facial covering policy.  Read more details.  Give to the Student Emergency Fund.

Life at TU / Residence Life / Commuting from Home

Commuting from Home

What About Off-Campus Housing? What TU Means By “Real Community”

A Real Community Means Real Immersion Into College Life

One of the hallmarks of Tiffin University is our sense of “real community” on campus – from housing to academics. Our beautiful 135-acre campus offers a myriad of choices for housing.

All of our first, second, and third year students are required to live on campus. We want your college experience to be a well-rounded one and living on campus gives you the “college experience” and helps you create lifelong connections!

Students who wish to commute to campus MUST live within a 45-mile driving distance to campus AND live with a parent or guardian. Commuters are required to register with the Housing Operations office.

Medical, Financial and Personal Exceptions

Tiffin University attempts to meet individual student needs on a personal basis. For special circumstances, students may apply to move off-campus or change their meal plan before their required housing obligations are fulfilled. Applications may be picked up in the Housing Operations Office. Upon completion of the application, it will be given to the Housing and Meal Plan Appeal Committee, which meets periodically throughout the year. Students will then be notified in writing through the Housing Operations Office as to the status of their application or the Committee’s final decision. The Housing and Meal Plan Appeal Committee is dedicated to finding the best solution for students who have documented medical, financial, or personal needs.

TU offers specialized meal plans to commuter students. The Fire Meal Plan is 50 meals per semester – perfect for flexible schedules and the busy life of a college student. For more information on meal plans click here.

Need more information? Have additional questions?

Contact the Housing Operations Office at or (800) 968-6446, ext 3264.